AddthatXtraintheordinary

AddthatXtraintheordinary

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

from the Pedlar's cart.

......Chairs to mend and delf to sell --
He clashes the basins like a bell.
Tea-trays, baskets, ranged in order,
Plates, with the alphabet round the border.
The roads are brown, and the sea is green,
But his house is just like a bathing-machine.
The world is round, but he can ride,
Rumble, and splash to the other side.
With the pedlar-man I should like to roam,
And write a book when I come home.
All the people would read my book,
Just like the Travels of Captain Cook.
                                                                                                    
                                                          ( from "The Pedlar's Caravan by William Brighty Rands)
 
A cartful of treasures, how can I resist.
and so here what we picked : Tibetan prayer bowls and a Kerala water boat candle stand.
Tell me how you like them ?

Good cheers from a vagabond me ......
 Hugs Auro


1 comment:

Antara said...

Lovely poem.And where did you find such treasures?I'm sure not from a pedlar.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...